Special Notice – Driver and Age Restriction
The autocavoFleet application and the information or advice contained in the App are intended for motorists, fleet motorists and fleet management only. The App or the OBD device may not be used by any person who is not legally entitled to drive a motor vehicle. We will not deliberately collect, use, provide or process in any form, any personal information of anyone under the age of 18. We therefore also ask you, if you are under 18 years of age, to not send us any of your personal information (for example, your name, mailing address or email address).
Information We Collect
We collect and store only the following kinds of information from you, from the OBD device installed in your vehicle(s), from data you enter into the App, and from data about you provided by our third-party partners as more fully described below:
- Your Customer Account Information
- This is information you provide to us in order to create your autocavoFleet customer account, including your name, company name, mailing address, contact phone number, email address and password;
- this is also information you provide to us for billing purposes, including your credit card or bank account information; and
- this is information you may provide to us if you contact autocavo Customer Service with a question or a complaint, such as certain personal information that you may provide in order to identify yourself, your contact details, or other information that may help us respond to your inquiry.
- Your Vehicle Information
- This is information we collect when you install the OBD device into your vehicle, such as the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), in order to determine its make/model/year;
- this is also information about your vehicle’s license plate number (if you optionally input this information); and
- this is information about your vehicle’s condition, including ignition status, battery, odometer reading, fuel level, active Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC), engine hours, idling, vehicle speed, and whether the vehicle is on the move.
- Driver Information
- This is the name of the driver assigned to a particular vehicle (if you optionally input this information).
- Trip and Geolocation Information
- This is information about the location of your vehicle, including the last known reported location, and “breadcrumb trails” of GPS locations measured during a trip from ignition on to ignition off;
- this is also information related to various driving events (by vehicle), including the name of the assigned driver, his or her calculated driving score, number of trips driven, date, time and duration of the trip, any detected speeding, rapid acceleration or harsh braking events, and the date, time and geolocation of any such event(s); and
- This is information related to geofence locations created by you that may indicate locations of interest to you, including actual location names and their physical addresses and/or geolocations.
- Maintenance Information
- This is information about your vehicle’s recommended maintenance and service intervals, compiled based on your VIN, vehicle mileage (whether collected automatically through the OBD device or manually input by you), the vehicle’s Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) service recommendations, and information related to your vehicle’s service history.
- Notification Information
- This is information about notifications sent to you following certain trigger events such as geofence, ignition, check engine, maintenance, DTCs, idling, speeding and harsh driving alerts; and
- this is also information about your communication preferences as regards receiving notifications, such as email addresses and phone numbers for SMS and voice notifications.
How We Collect Your Information
We collect the above information from you when you use the Site, the App, and/or from the OBD device when it is installed and activated in your vehicle.
How autocavo Communicates with You
autocavo may contact you about our services, including your account, any service or product-related issues or updates, or for any of the other reasons listed below. Notifications may be through phone calls, emails, in-App messaging, text/SMS, or other electronic means.
Other reasons we may communicate with you include:
1. Development and improvement of Products and/or Services
autocavo may conduct market research with its customers through the use of surveys. We use your responses to such surveys for quality assessments and to improve the customer experience. If you choose to participate in our surveys, we may process the personal data you provide (including your name, mailing address and email address).
2. General Offers
As a customer of autocavo and user of the App, you may receive general offers and information from autocavo (“General Offers”).
We use General Offers to notify you of autocavo products, events and promotions that may be of interest to you. Such General Offers may include but are not limited to:
- Electronic newsletters containing offers and general information;
- Discount coupons for autocavo services and products; and
- Discount coupons and discounts or other offers from autocavo partners.
You may receive General Offers by regular mail, email, through the App, via social media, coupons or any other digital channels used by you. In connection with sending you General Offers, we may process the personal data provided by you (including your name, address and email address).
You can stop receiving General Offers at any time by opting out via the App settings. We will delete or render anonymous any personal data that is no longer needed to provide you with General Offers.
3. Personalized Offers
As a customer of autocavo, user of the App, or a member of our autocavoFleet program, you may receive offers from autocavo that are specifically tailored towards your personal preferences based on an analysis of your vehicle OEM service recommendations, service history, surveys, the autocavoFleet program and your use of the Site, Apps and other digital channels (“Personalized Offers”).
We use Personalized Offers to notify you of autocavo products, events and promotions that we believe may be of interest to you. Such Personalized Offers may include but are not limited to:
- Discount coupons for autocavo services and products; and
- discount coupons and discounts or other offers from autocavo’s partners.
You may receive Personalized Offers by regular mail, email, through the autocavo mobile App (through push notifications), via social media, coupons or any other digital channels used by you.
If you are an autocavo customer, you may adjust your Contact Preferences & Account Settings anytime via the App.
In order to provide you with Personalized Offers, autocavo needs to understand your preferences. In order to assess and understand your preferences, autocavo will analyze:
- Your vehicle service history: this includes data regarding (i) specific services and products you buy, (ii) the total amount of your purchases per transaction, and (iii) the times and places of the purchases you make.
- When your vehicle is due for service: this includes data based on (i) the estimated mileage of your vehicle, (ii) recommended preventive maintenance service intervals by your vehicle OEM, and (iii) vehicle diagnostic information retrieved from the vehicle through the OBD device.
- If, how and where you redeem offers (including coupons);
- Your use of the Site, App and emails you receive from us: this includes data regarding (i) the links you click on the Site, (ii) the number of times you login to your account, (iii) your location based on your IP address, (iv) how you respond to or engage with emails sent by us, and (v) how you use the App (including your location as obtained through our App if this is something that you have previously consented to);
- Your recorded journeys on the App, including your vehicle’s geolocation, speed and acceleration, and comparing this against other users (if you have consented to our collecting data about your location).
- Your participation in promotions; and
- Your responses to surveys.
In order to determine your preferences, autocavo may also use or combine your personal data already known by affiliates of autocavo, including your use of various websites, the App, coupons, social media, surveys, promotions and other digital channels.
You can stop receiving Personalized Offers at any time by opting out via the App settings. We will, in such case, stop analyzing your personal data and purchasing habits, and delete or render anonymous any personal data that is no longer needed to provide you with Personalized Offers.
4. Technical and Functional Management of the Site and App
When you visit or use the Site or App, we process some technical information about you (such as your IP address, your location as obtained through the App if this is something that you have previously consented to, and your recorded journeys on the App, including your vehicle’s geolocation coordinates, speed, braking and acceleration (if you have consented to collection of your location)) to provide you the functionalities of our online services and to efficiently and effectively manage them. With this technical information, we are able to manage the Site and Apps, for example to resolve technical failures or to improve their reliability.
We process technical data such as your geolocation coordinates in order to estimate vehicle mileage, record the trips you’ve taken and to show the nearest Partner Service Centers and gas stations (if available). We also collect driver behavior data such as speeding, harsh braking and rapid acceleration data in order to create a driver behavior score that is only accessible by you. We collect your VIN in order to identify you as an autocavo customer and to notify you of services as recommended by your vehicle OEM. We may collect the IP address of your computer or smartphone, details of the pages you have visited on the Site or App and the web browser you use to surf the internet.
5. The Generation of Management Information and Statistical Data
autocavo performs research into market trends through statistical analysis. We use the results of such research to evaluate our current products and services and to adapt our products, marketing and service stations to new developments and innovations. The research results are only reported on an aggregate and not an individualized basis.
6. Feedback and Forum Facilities
Who has Access to your Data?
autocavo may disclose your personal data to any of the following:
- Authorized third party companies involved in the operation of the autocavoFleet program, such as any other company that is permitted to supply products and/or services to autocavoFleet program users;
- any agents, service providers and/or subcontractors of autocavo and its affiliates; and
- any person to whom autocavo proposes to transfer any of its rights and/or duties.
autocavo also uses third parties for certain processing, such as website hosting. Collected personal data may be transferred to authorized third parties, which may be located outside of the Economic European Area (EEA) as part of the services offered to you. By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EEA or one of our service providers is located in a country outside of the EEA. To the extent these third parties have access to personal data in order to execute this processing of information, autocavo has taken the required organizational and/or contractual measures to ensure that your personal data is exclusively processed for the purposes mentioned above and that adequate levels of protection have been implemented in order to safeguard your personal data.
For what Period do we Retain your Personal Data?
Which Cookies does autocavo use?
If you Communicate with us Through Social Media.
Sharing our Site or Content through Social Media
Our Facebook Page
How do we Secure your Personal Data?
We utilize technology and have implemented internal policies with the objective of protecting your privacy from unauthorized access and improper use.
Questions and Requests for Access, Removal, etc.
We aim to keep our data about you as accurate as possible. If you would like to review, change or delete any information you have provided to us, please send an email to email@example.com
4851 Tamiani Trail N Suite 200
Naples, FL 34103