What is a Geofence?
A geofence utilizes GPS technology allowing you to define a geographic boundary and receive alerts when a vehicle has entered or left a set location. Geofencing can help you keep track of important events. Notifications can be set up for geofences and configured to meet your needs ensuring that the right people are receiving the alerts. By customizing your geofences and alerts you can help improve the overall efficiency of your fleet.
How to use Geofences to improve fleet operations
- Track unauthorized vehicle use
Monitor how your drivers are using vehicles by setting geofences for specific areas and hours of the day. Know if your vehicles are being used outside of the designated work schedule or not staying within allowed perimeters.
- Improve efficiency
Minimize vehicle idle time by setting up geofence notifications to alert the team on the proximity of the vehicle. Whether it is loading a delivery van or loading building materials your team will be ready to take action minimizing time wasted.
- Reduce Theft
Know where your vehicles are at all times. Set a perimeter around the area your vehicles are parked and create a notification to trigger when vehicles move out of the area after hours.
- Time management & payroll
If you have drivers or technicians paid on an hourly basis, geofencing can help you keep track of their hours.
- Improve productivity & customer service
With geofences enabled on a job site, you can see how long technicians spend on site and if they arrived on time. Use the insights gathered to improve your fleet and technician utilization. Easily provide customers with proof of service or even notify them when your technician is close.
How to set up Geofences & Alerts
Setting up geofences in autocavoFleet is simple. Log in to your autocavoFleet account and follow these steps
- Navigate to Geofences in the menu
- Click on create geofence and select your preferred geofence type (circle/polygon)
- Search for the address or zoom in on the map
- Click on the map to select the perimeter of your geofence
- Enter the desired name and select a category to help you define the geofence area and click create Geofence.
- Navigate to notifications in the menu
- Select Create Notification Rule
- Select Geofence as your Trigger Channel and Choose a condition (Enter Geofence or Exit Geofence)
- Add any desired trigger constraints e.g. vehicles, date & time
- Choose the desired method for notifications to be sent, enter the notification name, and click confirm notification method
Visit our website to find out more ways to optimize your fleet with autocavoFleet’s features
Fleet tracking and management made easy, getting started with autocavoFleet is simple and doesn’t require a contract. Our easy-to-use GPS tracking devices are self-installed which means no extra cost for technicians or lengthy installation. Affordable fleet management for as low as $9.99 / month per vehicle.